The Australian Government’s Home Care Package (HCP) program helps you live independently in your home as long as you can. The program provides a taxpayer-funded subsidy towards a package of care to suit your needs. Home care packages are aimed at assisting you to continue to live in your community. The packages can provide you with the services you need and the flexibility required. To check eligibility to receive a care package, you can contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 to request a face to face assessment of your needs, in your own home.
The call centre staff will refer you for aged care services reflecting your preference for Co.As.It. Community Services. All levels of Co.As.It. home care packages can cater for the culturally and linguistically diverse people.
The home care packages are delivered with your needs in mind and allow you to exercise choice in the way your care services are offered and delivered. There are 4 levels of care:
Level 1 – basic care needs
Level 2 – low-level care needs
Level 3 – intermediate care needs
Level 4 – high-level care needs
A care plan will identify your personal goals so that you may be as independent as possible, thus reducing your need for a higher level of service delivery.
If you are not happy with your current service provider you can SWITCH your care plan to Co.As.It. Community Services.
You can determine the level of involvement you would like to have in managing your package of care.
You will be eligible for a package if:
- you are able to remain living at home with the support of a home care package;
- you have needs that can only be met by a coordinated package of care;
- you have expressed a preference to live at home; and
- you have been assessed by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) and approved for a home care package within the relevant band (eg. Level 1, 2, 3 or 4).
Care services may include the following but not limited to:
- social connections
- domestic assistance
- personal services
- nutrition, hydration, meal preparation and dietary services
- mobility and dexterity services
- nursing, allied health and therapy services
- meal preparation
- mobility assistance and equipment
- transport and personal assistance
- continence management
We will partner with you to tailor care and services to best support your needs and goals.
A person on a home care package will be asked to pay a contribution, as well as an income-tested fee, if the person’s income is over a certain amount.
Co.As.It. care services coordinators will work with you to develop a care plan.