The Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services provides a recurrent grant to respond to the identified and emerging needs of the local community with a priority on vulnerable individuals, families and populations.
Service delivery is flexible and culturally inclusive, it includes a mix of quality programs and activities that build skills, provide knowledge, promote personal and social development, promote physical well being, and create and sustain local networks.
Services and activities offered under this program:
- counselling (family /individual/group)
- recreational programs and activities
- supportive services for socially isolated persons
- weekly playgroup for children 2 to 5 and promoting parenting workshops and education
- enhancing cultural identity through events such as cultural activities, Annual Community Concert, Italian National Day celebrations, yearly information workshops, International Women’s Day celebrations
- general information, advice and referral between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday
- education, information and resources
- health and well-being
- self-help network
- provision of resources such as meeting spaces for community members and groups
- support to overseas visitors
No fee applies in accessing the services under this program unless an entry fee is required for a particular event.
Contact our Community Support Coordinator for further information on the above services.